Over the gate...

Designed in 1913 by Victorian/Edwardian/other architect Theophilus A Allen; John Lennon's house between 1964 and 1968; sunroom, attic and prisco stripe hibernice; Mellotron and caravan; Babidji and Mimi; mortar and pestle; Wubbleyoo Dubbleyoo; curios and curiosity; remnants and residue; testimonials and traces; (Cavendish Avenue, Sunny Heights and Kinfauns); Montagu Square; mock Tudor: Brown House: *KENWOOD*.

(Also available as a blog.)

Legal Blah: This blog is for historical research only, and is strictly non-commercial. All visual and audio material remains the property of the respective copyright owner, and no implication of ownership by me is intended or should be inferred. Any copyright owner who wants something removed should contact me and I will do so immediately. Alternatively, I would be delighted to provide a credit. The writing is by me, such as it is, unless otherwise stated, and this is the only Beatles related blog I am responsible for.

Comments Blah: Comments are moderated. Any genuine comments are welcome. Due to idiotic spamming, you'll have to press the "Follow" button on the right under "Kenwoodites..." in order to leave a comment. Offensive comments/advertising/trolling/other moronicisms are not welcome, and will be rejected.
Comments are the responsibility of the individual commenter, and commenters' opinions do not necessarily reflect my own. (NB: This blog revels in flagrant trivia. If that's not yer "thing", this won't be yer "thang".)

Correspond via: kenwoodlennon@googlemail.com

Friday 25 June 2010

Kenwood caravan: somewhere in Ireland.


A fascinating pair of photos, showing the Kenwood caravan in transit from Dorinish to Tittenhurst (probably)(see posts passim). One of John's haulage contractors, a Mrs Brunt, can be seen perched on the titular vehicle.
It's another bit of the jigsaw - but where is the final piece? Where is the bloody thing now? Eh, Ringo?
Many thanks to Dennis Toll.

6 comments:

  1. Such marvellous photographs, yet again. Do you have any idea of the date they were taken, or if there are others? This particular journey must have shaken the caravan somewhat. Let alone Mrs. Brunt.

    The car - a Humber Super Snipe Series V Estate, according to petrolhead mate - is a 1966 model (D registration plate), I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They could have been taken anytime from mid '68 on, at a guess. I've read that the caravan was actually returned to Kenwood for a while post Dorinish, but I don't know if there's any truth to that. I'd go for summer '69, myself.
    There may be more photos of the journey, but I haven't seen them. However, rest easy Brunt-fans, more Brunt is on the way, next time pictured at Kenwood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see the gypsy caravan get a mention in Lennon Naked this week.

    What did everyone think of that programme, btw? I thought Eileen O'Brien stole it as Lil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was very one-dimensional. Ludicrous fake 'tacheage too. Quite interesting to see Kenwood "portrayed", mind you, though they obviously weren't going for accuracy - apart from the Roller paintwork. Actually, the Roller was my probably my favourite part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Lennon Naked a lot better on the second viewing. I think it took a bravely unsentimental (not to say harsh) view of its subject and its central thesis - that John was so self-absorbed he didn't realise he was inflicting worse damage on Julian than Alf and Julia inflicted on him - is one that I agree with, persuasively put here.

    I also agree that Eileen O'Brien stole it as Lil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any known photos of the caravan on Dormish?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.