Over the gate...

Designed in 1913 by Victorian/Edwardian/other architect Theophilus A Allen; John Lennon's house between 1964 and 1968; sunroom, attic and prisco stripe hibernice; Mellotron and caravan; Babidji and Mimi; mortar and pestle; Wubbleyoo Dubbleyoo; curios and curiosity; remnants and residue; testimonials and traces; (Cavendish Avenue, Sunny Heights and Kinfauns); Montagu Square; mock Tudor: Brown House: *KENWOOD*.

(Also available as a blog.)

Legal Blah: This blog is for historical research only, and is strictly non-commercial. All visual and audio material remains the property of the respective copyright owner, and no implication of ownership by me is intended or should be inferred. Any copyright owner who wants something removed should contact me and I will do so immediately. Alternatively, I would be delighted to provide a credit. The writing is by me, such as it is, unless otherwise stated, and this is the only Beatles related blog I am responsible for.

Comments Blah: Comments are moderated. Any genuine comments are welcome. Due to idiotic spamming, you'll have to press the "Follow" button on the right under "Kenwoodites..." in order to leave a comment. Offensive comments/advertising/trolling/other moronicisms are not welcome, and will be rejected.
Comments are the responsibility of the individual commenter, and commenters' opinions do not necessarily reflect my own. (NB: This blog revels in flagrant trivia. If that's not yer "thing", this won't be yer "thang".)

Correspond via: kenwoodlennon@googlemail.com

Monday 5 September 2011

Kenwood: master bedroom, December 1968.


John caught napping in the master bedroom at Kenwood in December, 1968 (and in its own way, a more intimite shot than some other more obvious contendahs).
Compare with the black and white pic previously on here:


Some more similarly first-rate shots have been shoved under my nose this evening, and they'll be on here in good time.
Sir Thom, I thank ye once more...

8 comments:

  1. good lord, my heart just skipped a beat here... i had never seen this photo nor any other similar to it. please put a warning sign next time so semi-old ladies like me don't have a heart attack while checking this blog, my dear kenwoodlennon! thanks for brightening up my evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an intimate picture. I assume it could only have been taken by Yoko. He fell asleep with his glasses on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the one hand, it's a bloke having a kip. But it's also another verbatim slice of Kenwood life and a further example of John and Yoko's Life As Art err...thing. I could witter on, but, you'll be relieved to hear, won't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i often fall asleep with my glasses on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I agree with Lizzie. You need a warning because you made me go into a fit as well. I often doze off with my glasses on as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually, the photo looks like one from a series taken by Susan Wood from Look magazine in Dec 68 on a cover story about John & Yoko. Great article about their lives just then. This photo is, I believe, previously unpublished, but he is wearing the clothes from that day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on - it is by her, as are the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used a couple of Susan Wood's shot in Beatles 365 Days. There were just a few in Getty's archive- however she has been generous to share many more on her website.

    http://susanwood.net/johnlennon11.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.